Monday, August 20, 2007

11:12

The Modest Mouse, to be completely honest, was so not worth the money. It was all pretty routine, we got a taxi to Festival Pier and got in no problem. We stood around near the front and met some people - no one worth seeing again, but they seemed ok. The first band came on, some dude with a really awesome beard, they were not memorable. The second opening band was better (called, Band or Horses, or something like that) - better, but still not that fantastic. The third, and last, opening band was this wimpy white guy with a whole turntable setup (he even had the metallic way-too-big jacket) ans two black guys with microphones. Rap at an indie concert, really weird.

So Modest Mouse came on, and, well, I'm not a big fan of their music - its ok, but not really my thing. The concert would have been way, way better if a) it wasn't raining b) there were less big drunk dudes in the mosh pit c) there were more of my friends there d) the opening bands were better e) Modest Mouse had any stage presence whatsoever or f) they participated with the audience at all.

Anyway, I did have a drag of a cigarette - and well, smoking isn't how I remember it. I coughed and I remembered a lot of awful stuff.

Needless to say, the show was iffy, but at least I was out doing something. Sure beats shuffling around the house.

Note two: Today is the day, I think, that I do some summer reading. Man, I wish they were better books.

Edit: Deleting some too-much-information stuff.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]