Thursday, August 30, 2007

2:14 a very busy weekend

It was a more or less good weekend. Saturday was supposed to be a LOTR (that is, Lord Of The Rings) movie night, but we ended up going swimming (and skinny-dipping), eating chips and watching 10 Things I Hate About You. It wasn't overall bad, I did feel a little sick at around 1, so I slept in Sams room while everyone else was sleeping on the floor of the living room.

The next day Mara, Elliott, Chase, Emily and I went out for breakfast. Afterwards I stopped at Doug's to say hello. We played on the swing set and decided to go back to Philly to chill. I cut his hair, we ate dinner, hung out, watched The Graduate with my parents then watched 300. Side note, its not a bad haircut. Its just different.

He slept over, then left on an early train to help his mom pack. Later that day I picked him up and we went over to Gabo's for her party. Good party. Everyone sort of hung out and gave each other bad body-marker tattoos for a bit. Then off to the Quarry for some swimming (the water was so nice). We had dinner and the orange Jello eating contest, then some watched some Futurama till I had to leave. I drove Doug home, then drove back to Philly - and found the most unbelievable parking spot right outside my house at 12:30 on a Monday night that I didn't even have to parallel park into!!! So happy. That is such a rarity.

Anyway, the next day I hung out, did homework and got paid for the benches. I got 480 for 49 hours of physical labor. Thats about 9.79 an hour. I was under the impression that it was: 20/hour or 500 each bench. I got neither. So I presented my case at the dinner table, and got them to up the price, it is going to be settled out of court, for a currently unknown sum.

The next day I got myself a haircut. She thinned my hair a lot :( , so it feels really weird to me, so light. But overall, its just about an inch shorter all around. Not really a huge change. That evening there was Rocky Horror Picture Show playing in Headhouse Square (right outside my house) - it was a lot of fun. Even if I missed the first few minutes and they showed the US (versus the UK) version.

Overall, its been a pretty decent weekend. It would have been better if I hadn't gotten all those bug bites or that rash (I must have touched some plant with my leg, very gross looking). Other than that, its been fun.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]