Tuesday, August 21, 2007

10:55

Here's the whole story:

I wanted to go to the Wolf Parade show, but seeing as I don't know anyone who knows them, I wasn't going to go. Mike calls up the days of the show, he's got two extra tickets for me and someone. Sadly, D is out of town, so he couldn't come with. At the show we tried to sell the ticket - and, strangely, we saw some dudes walking towards the box office, so we asked "hey, you guys need a ticket?" they scowled "no, we're in the show." Uh.. yeah, turns out, those dudes were Wolf Parade. How awkward.

The show started out oddly, we met up with some of Mikes friends and the first band came on. I thought that kid was just a sound checker - he set up some stuff and then, started playing. It was weird, just him, a laptop, tiny sound mixer and a microphone. I was completely and entirely captivated by the music. I think his name was Newt.

The next band, Plants and Animals was made up of three dudes with crazy hair. Their music wasn't exactly memorable, but their stage presence made up for it. Weird, two guitarists and a drummer, no bass.

After the second opening we stood around in the crowd (yeah, I was 10 feet from the stage, like always) waiting. I did see this guy that was at the Modest Mouse show the night before, he waved. More and more waiting then Wolf Parade came on. It was awesome, good music, good stage presence, great mosh pit - I do wish I had gotten some merch. Ah well, next time.

Later Mike and I got pizza, he slept over and left this morning. It was pretty fun, I'd say.

Note: The word bass and base really bother me. Bass is pronounced with a short up "a". Rhymes with race. But bass should be said with a longer "a" like in the fish, sea bass, or like sass. For some reason, I feel like the word pronunciations should be fixed, so they both don't sound the same.

Edit: Spelling. And also: I got myself terribly confused with the note. So, I changed it, now it says what I wanted it to say. Also, thank you, D, for correcting my mistake.

Comments:
What? Base is pronounced the same as bass guitar, rhymes with race, not like sea bass. Sea bass rhymes with sass.

I guess you get used to it, playing bass guitar.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]